Monday, February 22, 2010

Pearl's Birthday


Hi all,

Our friend Pearl is seven on Monday so we all went to Pizza Express to celebrate and a good time was had by all!

Happy Birthday Pearl! xxx

What I would say is that we went around 5 and the kids were being kids and actually quite well behaved but there was 6 of them (except Blixa who loves to make me get exercise in restaurants as all I do is runaround after him - quite good really eat the calories then burn them off!)
.....but for some reason people in Britain seems to want children seen and not heard...Maybe I'd had too much vino but I'm sure I heard tutting. I wish we had that European mentality when everyone loves kids.... if you want a cosy meal for 2 go somewhere else not a pizza restaurant or go later when the babby's have gone home. The other thing which really annoys me is that the venues have children's menu's so they obviously want our business... I once went into a gastro pub with Blix and asked for a high chair, the manager said they didn't have one as they didn't really want to encourage kids, at first this made me mad but the more I think about it, the more I respect the venue for being honest...don't take our money and run!
Britain needs a really good family friendly venue which serves nice food and loves both kids and adults alike. I hate Wacky Warehouse but it seems like it's one of the few venues which actually wants children...it's like our kids are a dirty habit to be kept at home!

Sorry, rant over...yes that probably is a business for me in the making...anyone want to invest?

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment