Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lentil & Chick Pea Dhall


Hi all,

Fancy a ruby murray? well, sorry, it's not a meaty vindaloo with a couple of stellas but here is a tasty curry for a midweek tea...I love this, I love lentils and it left Deano and I going for seconds..go on it's only lentils, can't be that fattening can it? mmmm, we'll have to wait and see who wins the trumpalumpa contest later(crude, sorry!)
I might add that I have a stinking cold so my taste buds were a bit out this evening, did my hand slip with the chilli's?

1 lrg onion- cut into 1/2 moons
tsp coriander seeds
tsp cumin seeds
2-3 cloves garlic
tsp coriander powder
tsp garam masala
Pinch of chili flakes or a red chili to taste
Approx 250g lentils - green or red - I used green
Tin of chopped tomatoes
2/3 lrg fresh tomatoes - chopped but optional
tin chickpeas
1 litre vegetable stock
Bunch coriander

Fry onions in vegetable oil until soft then add crushed garlic
Add spices with the exception of Garam Masala and continue frying for a couple of minutes then add chili
Add lentils and stock
Add all tomatoes and chick peas and simmer for approx 1/2 hour until lentils are soft
Add Garam Masala and continue simmering for about 5 mins then turn heat off
Add chopped coriander and rock salt to taste and serve with basmati rice or naan bread

Enjoy your meal, please come again!

If you want a receipe and think it's dissapeared then check the archive on your right, click on the months and it will pull out the receipes for that month etc

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment