Thursday, February 18, 2010

Linguini with Mussells & chilli


Good evening,

Tonight's tea is one of my favourites, I LOVE it and find it one of the quickest, easiest teas...you could make this with fresh mussels which you steam with garlic and parsley but I just use a packet of cooked mussels from the supermarket. This is just my tea, I don't want it to be difficult and I knocked this up in 5 mins. The only issue I had was that I didn't have any herbs, I'd probably add flat leaf parsley but I didn't have any! Alternatives would be to add a tin of haricot or borlotti beans, you could also add some feta cheese which adds a lavly flavour and a little more saltiness.

Onion- chopped into half moons
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Packet of mussels
Smoked paprika powder
Dried flaked chilli
Black olives or green olives (pitted)
Linguine

Fry onions in olive oil
Add tomatoes and a pinch of sugar
Add mussels
Add teaspoon of paprika and pinch of chilli flakes to taste
Add olives
Simmer for 5 mins and add parsley
Add a slug of olive oil to the sauce
S&P
Cook linguine until aldente - drain then add pinch of rock salt and slug of olive oil and toss.

You can then either add sauce to pasta and toss through or just place on top
Liberally add grated Parmesan cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment