Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pancakes for Swinging Lovers




Hi all,
Du jour la amour! (is that how you say it, I'm not saying excuse me where is the toilet or anything?)
It's Valentines day and whilst the romance may have been diluted in our house due to a certain 2 1/2 yr old it still lives on in our hearts and occasionally manifests itself with a gesture. Deano bought me a lovely present and made the best card (he's not normally that creative but his current misdemeanour has meant he has to be as he can't get to the shops.. Blixa's craft box has been raided!). I managed to find a picture of a tank which was nicknamed 'the Valentine' due to it being registered at the War office on 14th Feb, 1938 so I think that made him happy!
I made lovely heart shaped pancakes using those cookie cutters I mentioned I got for my birthday.... I prefer to serve pancakes with savoury stuff not sweet but that's up to you. The recipe is another Nigella and it's an American pancake mix which makes those thicker more spongey ones. The mix was made thicker by Blix who missed the food processor by about a mile when he was pouring the milk in....worked out ok though and meant the pancakes turned out a bit like drop scones...lovely. I simply poured the mixture in the cookie cutters in the pan.
225g plain flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
pinch of salt
2 lrg eggs
30g melted butter
300ml milk
butter for frying
Put everything in a blender and blitz!

No comments:

Post a Comment