Monday, March 22, 2010

Tuna Nicoise


Hello everybody, sorry for the lack of posts and yes we have eaten but some of the food I have already posted so thought it might be boring and some of it was just plain boring! I do however have alot of ingredients to cook this week so hopefully there will be more to come.
We are all ok, Dean's pot came off today but it still might be a while before he can get back to normal. Blixa is lovely and would still recomend Scooby Doo pasta as his greatest delicasy!
Tonight's tea is tuna nicoise or tuna salad and I love this, it's really easy and really delicious. It's really just putting components togeather. You should also use green beans put I didn't have any. I'm adding bits and pieces like cheese and capers but you don't need them, I just like em!

1 x cos lettuce - wash the leaves
2 x hard boiled eggs - quartered
2 x potatoes- quartered. New potatoes would also be lovely but I only had old, you could also leave in their skins.
Tablespoon of capers
About 15 black olives
Sprinkle of parmesan
2 x tuna steaks - cook in a frying or grill pan and I used a dash of garlic infused oil and cooked for about 2 mins each side
French dressing - 6 tbls good olive oil and 2 tbsp white wine vinegar - S&P. Just whisk togeather.

Layer up all of the ingredienst except the tuna then cover in the dressing. Serve the tuna as whole steaks or in strips.

Yummy, yummy, yummy x

No comments:

Post a Comment