Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Summer Pasta


Sometimes I feel like the pasta queen, we eat it all the time, it's our fast food in this house. Probabbly my expanding tummy has something to do with this... Deano bought me a pasta maker which I have as yet not tried...please don't let it become one of those gadgets in the cupboard. I now solemnly declare to try it out this bank holiday..I promise to post the results or take my girl guides homecooking badge away from me.
Anyway, tonights tea is a fresh summery kind of meal that's quick, easy and you can do other stuff whilst it's doing it's thing.

Linguini
1 courgette - cut it into slithers with a potato peeler or mandolin
Slices of mushrooms, I used about 8
a handfull of quartered cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
A few sprigs of thyme
About 4 tablespoons of olive oil

Place the courgettes, mushrooms, tomatoes, oil, garlic and lemon juice along with oil into a large bowl. Add S+P along with the leaves of the thyme and leave to marinade for about 1/2 hour.
Boil the linguini aldente then toss in a bit more oil and salt. Then add the mixture and mix well. Serve with parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment